Friday, January 3, 2014

How to Finish What You Start






Continuing on my post from yesterday,

"Finish What You Start, or Don't" 

I have used my own advice and created my own outline….



How to Finish What You Start


1.        Be selective in what you start (start only what you are passionate about)
2.        Estimate the resources you need (so you know what to expect)
3.        Budget your time and energy accordingly (so you can reach your goal in a timely manner
4.       Quit being a perfectionist (stop obsessing and just get started, no one is perfect)
5.       Commit to it (stay focused)
6.       Connect with your end goal (when you feel uninspired, remember your end goal)
7.        Make it fun (what is fun gets done)
8.       Track your progress (whatever gets measured gets improved)
9.        Celebrate what you’ve done so far (good job!)

10.   Make changes when needed (better choices keep us moving forward)



Need help getting Started or sorting out where to start?


3 comments:

  1. There is nothing like a list/outline that is straight and to the point. I really like number seven. That is needed! Awesome points given on "ways to finish what you start".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to print this out and paste it to my wall! My coach will love the fact that I'm taking action on my own! ROFL
    Thanks for sharing these great steps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patti,

    The first thing on your list is very important. It is easy to get going in too many directions and end up frustrated instead of finished.

    ReplyDelete